The Council, together with Conquest Oil Ltd, providers of heating oil under the Council's Kimbolton & District Oil Buying Group scheme, installed a Defibrillator (AED) in a cabinet on a wall in the High Street, Kimbolton adjacent to the parish noticeboard in 2014...
Outdoor Fitness Equipment
Council has provided outdoor fitness equipment for the use of adults and this is sited on the recreation ground at Pound Lane. It is available whenever required - just turn up and make use of it.
Car Parking on the High Street
Concern has been raised by the Kimbolton Retailers' Association that parking problems in the High Street are driving away trade and Council has been asked to revise the parking restrictions currently in force, to provide additional area of restriction and attempt to force all day parkers to park elsewhere.
High Street Paving
Kimbolton High Street is a conservation area and the Parish Council has been concerned at the damage which has been caused to paving slabs and the poor quality 'temporary' repairs to the cobbles made by the utilities.
Thanks to a 75% grant from the District Council the fencing around the War Memorial has been replaced. The original fencing was erected in 1929 and had rotted. New oak fencing has been provided together with planters at a total cost of around £3000. The War Memorial itself was refurbished in October 2015.
One of the four tall Wellingtonia fir trees in the cemetery was struck by lightning on Friday 18 August 2006 and the tree was split down the middle of the trunk for more than half of its height.
Our Youth Club had been operating from the Scout premises on a temporary basis since the County Council sold the community building. The County Council provided £65,000 towards new Youth premises and work to provide an extension to the Mandeville Hall which is primarily for the Youth Club, but is also available to other hirers, was completed in 2009.
The Council owns a 2 bedroom cottage built in 1858 situated within the walls of our cemetery. This was originally the Cemetery Superintendent's home but has been let to tenants for many years. The cottage became vacant in 2007 and the Council decided to make necessary improvements to make it a pleasant home for someone. Work started in December 2008 and was completed in September 2009 and the cottage is now let.
A planning application for a windfarm in the area of the Bicton Industrial Estate was submitted and responses were required by 17 September 2010. The application was for four turbines.